Brook to defend title against Bizier on March 26
IBF welterweight titlist Kell Brook (35-0, 24 KOs) is set to return to action on March 26, as he’ll defend his title against Kevin Bizier at the Sheffield Arena in Sheffield, England.
“I’m delighted to be back fighting at the Sheffield Arena again,” said Brook. “While I was gutted to miss out on fighting in October, I’ve fully recovered from the injury and feel stronger than ever. I’ve been working hard in the gym and working on new things, and I cannot wait to put on another explosive performance for my hometown fans and prove I am the best 147-pound fighter on the planet.”
Sky Sports will televise the fight in the UK, while no U.S. television has been announced at this time.
“The most important thing was the date,” said Bizier. “March 26 is perfect for me. I am already in great physical condition and I will have the perfect preparation in Montréal with my trainer Marc Ramsay. I know I will be the underdog once again, but I guarantee you I will give the fight of my life. I am optimistic and I already fought in England as an amateur. Having the crowd against me does not bother me at all.”
According to Matchroom Sport, Luke Campbell MBE will also be on the card, while Sheffield heavyweights Dave Allen and Richard Towers clash in a British title eliminator. Also on the card will be Andy Townend taking on Craig Poxton for the English junior lightweight title.
Tickets priced at £40, £60, £80, £100, £150 and £25
About Ramon Aranda
Publisher, Editor-in-Chief of 3 More Rounds and a member of the Transnational Boxing Rankings Board.
- Over 80,000 tickets sold for Klitschko-Joshua
- Lemieux to face Stevens on March 11
- DeGale, Jack battle to a majority draw
- Davis stuns Pedraza with TKO win
- Canelo-Chavez Jr official for May 6
- Selby to face Barros on Frampton-Santa Cruz undercard
- Inoue retains 115-pound title with TKO win
- Wilder to face Wawrzyk on February 25
- Cotto-Kirkland formally announced for HBO PPV
- Spinks ecstatic about election into ACBHOF