Andy Vences: Quest for a Championship Ep. 2
Three weeks away from the biggest fight of his career, Andy Vences discusses his recent trip to Carson, CA to spar with WBO featherweight champ Oscar Valdez, the current work he’s getting with Ivan “Bam Bam” Najera, and how preparation in camp changes as the fight gets closer. Najera (16-3, 8 KO), who has trained with Andy’s upcoming opponent Casey Ramos in the past, also discusses how the opportunity to come down to Stockton from San Antonio to train with Vences came about, and gives his thoughts on how Vences and Ramos match up as well as advice for Andy in his first main event.
San Jose boxer Andy “El Tiburon” Vences (16-0, 10 KO) is set to fight for the WBC Continental Americas super featherweight championship against Casey “The Wizard” Ramos (23-0, 6 KO) on Nov. 4 at the Treasure Island Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas. The fight will be the main event of the “Solo Boxeo” series televised on UniMas one night before the Manny Pacquiao vs Jessie Vargas pay-per-view.
About Martin Gallegos
- Third man convicted in killing of Vernon Forrest
- Hopkins-Smith in Inglewood
- Andy Vences: Quest for a Championship Ep. 3
- Hopkins returns on December 17 in farewell fight
- Lomanchenko-Walters tickets on sale today
- Andy Vences: Quest for a Championship Ep. 2
- Fury vacates heavyweight titles
- Luis Ortiz signs with Matchroom Boxing
- Magdaleno outpoints Hovanissyan
- Andre Ward begins training camp for Kovalev