Andre Ward begins training camp for Kovalev
Andre “S.O.G.” Ward (30-0, 15 KO) has begun training camp for his upcoming mega-fight with Light Heavyweight World Champion Sergey “Krusher” Kovalev (30-0-1, 26 KOs). The Oakland native has set up camp in Hayward, CA with trainer Virgil Hunter.
“I’ve been in pre-camp mode for weeks now following my last fight, and have been mentally preparing for the work ahead of me. It’s an exciting feeling to be in full camp mode, where I can dedicate 100% of my mind, body and soul to the battle I am about to face. This is a fight that we have been working up to since last spring. The game plan hasn’t changed. I am here and I am ready,” Ward said.
Ward earned a unanimous decision victory over Alexander Brand in August. This will be his third fight at light-heavyweight in a fight that will crown the winner as the unified light-heavyweight champion of the world. Kovalev vs Ward will take place at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas on Nov. 19. The event will be distributed by HBO Pay-Per-View.
About Martin Gallegos
- Thurman-Garcia announced for March 4
- Third man convicted in killing of Vernon Forrest
- Hopkins-Smith in Inglewood
- Andy Vences: Quest for a Championship Ep. 3
- Hopkins returns on December 17 in farewell fight
- Lomanchenko-Walters tickets on sale today
- Andy Vences: Quest for a Championship Ep. 2
- Fury vacates heavyweight titles
- Luis Ortiz signs with Matchroom Boxing
- Magdaleno outpoints Hovanissyan