Brook to defend title against Bizier on March 26
IBF welterweight titlist Kell Brook (35-0, 24 KOs) is set to return to action on March 26, as he’ll defend his title against Kevin Bizier at the Sheffield Arena in Sheffield, England.
“I’m delighted to be back fighting at the Sheffield Arena again,” said Brook. “While I was gutted to miss out on fighting in October, I’ve fully recovered from the injury and feel stronger than ever. I’ve been working hard in the gym and working on new things, and I cannot wait to put on another explosive performance for my hometown fans and prove I am the best 147-pound fighter on the planet.”
Sky Sports will televise the fight in the UK, while no U.S. television has been announced at this time.
“The most important thing was the date,” said Bizier. “March 26 is perfect for me. I am already in great physical condition and I will have the perfect preparation in Montréal with my trainer Marc Ramsay. I know I will be the underdog once again, but I guarantee you I will give the fight of my life. I am optimistic and I already fought in England as an amateur. Having the crowd against me does not bother me at all.”
According to Matchroom Sport, Luke Campbell MBE will also be on the card, while Sheffield heavyweights Dave Allen and Richard Towers clash in a British title eliminator. Also on the card will be Andy Townend taking on Craig Poxton for the English junior lightweight title.
Tickets priced at £40, £60, £80, £100, £150 and £25
About Ramon Aranda
Publisher, Editor-in-Chief of 3 More Rounds and a member of the Transnational Boxing Rankings Board.
- Lomanchenko to face Walters on November 26
- Live Stream: Pacquaio-Vargas undercard presser
- Donaire, Valdez, Shiming highlight Pacquiao-Vargas undercard
- Top Rank reveals announce team for Pacquiao-Vargas PPV
- Nietes shuts out Sosa in flyweight debut
- Linares outpoints Crolla in Manchester
- Andy Vences ready for title shot
- Canelo dethrones Smith with knockout
- Canelo, Smith make weight
- Canelo-Smith face to face in Arlington