Bute fails post-fight drug test
Former super middleweight titlist Lucian Bute has apparently tested positive for the banned substance Ostarine, according to the WBC.
Bute, who settled for a draw against WBC titlist Badou Jack on April 30 in Washington, D.C., said he didn’t understand why he would fail a drug test.
“I don’t understand what could have led to a positive test,” Bute stated. “I have always passed every test since I was world champion.
“Not long ago, before my fight with James DeGale in November, I was tested eight times from the start of training camp to the fight. I never took anything and I never used banned substances.
“I have complete confidence in my team. The B sample will be tested and I am sure the result will be negative.”
About Ramon Aranda
Publisher, Editor-in-Chief of 3 More Rounds and a member of the Transnational Boxing Rankings Board.
- Lomanchenko to face Walters on November 26
- Live Stream: Pacquaio-Vargas undercard presser
- Donaire, Valdez, Shiming highlight Pacquiao-Vargas undercard
- Top Rank reveals announce team for Pacquiao-Vargas PPV
- Nietes shuts out Sosa in flyweight debut
- Linares outpoints Crolla in Manchester
- Andy Vences ready for title shot
- Canelo dethrones Smith with knockout
- Canelo, Smith make weight
- Canelo-Smith face to face in Arlington