Bute fails post-fight drug test
Former super middleweight titlist Lucian Bute has apparently tested positive for the banned substance Ostarine, according to the WBC.
Bute, who settled for a draw against WBC titlist Badou Jack on April 30 in Washington, D.C., said he didn’t understand why he would fail a drug test.
“I don’t understand what could have led to a positive test,” Bute stated. “I have always passed every test since I was world champion.
“Not long ago, before my fight with James DeGale in November, I was tested eight times from the start of training camp to the fight. I never took anything and I never used banned substances.
“I have complete confidence in my team. The B sample will be tested and I am sure the result will be negative.”
About Ramon Aranda
Publisher, Editor-in-Chief of 3 More Rounds and a member of the Transnational Boxing Rankings Board.
- Hopkins: This is the right time
- Lomachenko schools Walters; makes him quit
- Luis Ortiz returns on December 10 in Manchester
- Ward survives knockdown; dethrones Kovalev
- Garcia stops Vargas in seven
- Oleksandr Usyk fighting on Hopkins-Smith undercard
- Andy Vences: Championship Victory BEHIND THE SCENES
- Ringstar signs Carlos and Jose Balderas
- Pacquiao shows he’s a level above in win over Vargas
- Andy Vences captures his first championship