Canelo-Khan fight to open up the T-Mobile Arena
Last week Golden Boy Promotions announced the host site for the Amir Khan/Canelo Alvarez mega bout set for May 7 in Las Vegas.
The newly constructed T-Mobile Arena set just outside the Las Vegas Strip will be home to the Cinco De Mayo weekend fight to be distributed by HBO Pay-Per-View.
“The new T-Mobile Arena was clearly the perfect venue choice to host the battle that will be Canelo vs. Khan on May 7,” said Golden Boy Promotions Chairman and CEO Oscar De La Hoya.
“Boxing in Las Vegas is truly an exciting event, and the fans with tickets to the fight will be in for a treat watching the fight in this new, state-of-the-art venue.”
Located west of the Las Vegas Strip between New York-New York and Monte Carlo, T-Mobile Arena is expected to host more than 100 events annually including UFC, boxing, hockey, basketball and other sporting events, major headline entertainment, awards shows, family shows and special events. Las Vegas’ newest landmark will feature 50 luxury suites, more than two dozen private loge boxes, complete broadcast facilities, and other specially designed exclusive hospitality offerings and fan amenities destined to create a guest experience second to none.
Canelo vs. Khan is scheduled for 12 rounds for Alvarez’ middleweight championship.
About Raymundo Dioses
A life-long fan with a former boxer's namesake. Professional boxing writer on the beat since 2007.
- Lomanchenko to face Walters on November 26
- Live Stream: Pacquaio-Vargas undercard presser
- Donaire, Valdez, Shiming highlight Pacquiao-Vargas undercard
- Top Rank reveals announce team for Pacquiao-Vargas PPV
- Nietes shuts out Sosa in flyweight debut
- Linares outpoints Crolla in Manchester
- Andy Vences ready for title shot
- Canelo dethrones Smith with knockout
- Canelo, Smith make weight
- Canelo-Smith face to face in Arlington