Canelo, Khan hit London
Middleweight champ Canelo Alvarez and Amir Khan were in London today to kick-off their three-city press tour to promote their May 7 clash, which takes place at the new T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
The duo arrived in London on Sunday to take a tour of the city before hitting the Park Plaza Riverbank London Hotel for the presser on Monday morning.
“It’s my first time in London and I’ve had a lot of support from the fans and the media,” said Alvarez. “Amir Khan is a great fighter and this will be a great fight. Come May 7th, this will be a fantastic event. We want to put a great fight on for the fans.”
Khan, who was excited to be in his backyard to begin the tour added, “When I was 17 and in the Olympics I was an underdog – no one gave me a chance of winning a medal. Everyone thought I was going to lose then. This is what this feels like now.
“Alvarez is a dangerous fighter. People keep asking me why I want to fight this big fighter. I really believe I can win in this fight.
“What will win this fight is speed; determination and skill. My dream has always been to fight the best and test myself and in Canelo I’m facing just that.”
About Ramon Aranda
Publisher, Editor-in-Chief of 3 More Rounds and a member of the Transnational Boxing Rankings Board.
- Hopkins: This is the right time
- Lomachenko schools Walters; makes him quit
- Luis Ortiz returns on December 10 in Manchester
- Ward survives knockdown; dethrones Kovalev
- Garcia stops Vargas in seven
- Oleksandr Usyk fighting on Hopkins-Smith undercard
- Andy Vences: Championship Victory BEHIND THE SCENES
- Ringstar signs Carlos and Jose Balderas
- Pacquiao shows he’s a level above in win over Vargas
- Andy Vences captures his first championship