Canelo-Khan media tour starts next week
Starting next week, Canelo Alvarez and Amir Khan will kick off their press tour to promote their May 7 clash for Alvarez’ middleweight title.
The three-city tour begins in London on Feb. 29 at The Park Plaza Riverbank London (Ballroom) at noon GMT, with fans being allowed to enter at 11 a.m. GMT.
Then on March 1, the two fighters will be in New York, with the press conference starting at 1 p.m. ET at the Hard Rock Cafe New York on Broadway. The doors will open to fans at noon ET.
Finally on March 2, Alvarez and Khan will be in Los Angeles at Universal CityWalk (Five Towers Stage), with the press conference beginning late at 6 p.m. PT. Fans however, can begin filing in at 3 p.m. PT.
Alvarez-Khan will take place in Las Vegas at the new T-Mobile Arena on HBO PPV. Tickets are not yet on sale, but it is expected that Golden Boy Promotions will announce pricing and availability during the media tour.
About Ramon Aranda
Publisher, Editor-in-Chief of 3 More Rounds and a member of the Transnational Boxing Rankings Board.
- Nietes shuts out Sosa in flyweight debut
- Linares outpoints Crolla in Manchester
- Andy Vences ready for title shot
- Canelo dethrones Smith with knockout
- Canelo, Smith make weight
- Canelo-Smith face to face in Arlington
- Pacquiao, Vargas vow to bring action on Nov. 5
- Chocolatito edges Cuadras to win another title
- Golovkin scores stoppage win over Brook
- Prizefight Preview: Gonzalez vs. Cuadras