Canelo-Khan media tour starts next week
Starting next week, Canelo Alvarez and Amir Khan will kick off their press tour to promote their May 7 clash for Alvarez’ middleweight title.
The three-city tour begins in London on Feb. 29 at The Park Plaza Riverbank London (Ballroom) at noon GMT, with fans being allowed to enter at 11 a.m. GMT.
Then on March 1, the two fighters will be in New York, with the press conference starting at 1 p.m. ET at the Hard Rock Cafe New York on Broadway. The doors will open to fans at noon ET.
Finally on March 2, Alvarez and Khan will be in Los Angeles at Universal CityWalk (Five Towers Stage), with the press conference beginning late at 6 p.m. PT. Fans however, can begin filing in at 3 p.m. PT.
Alvarez-Khan will take place in Las Vegas at the new T-Mobile Arena on HBO PPV. Tickets are not yet on sale, but it is expected that Golden Boy Promotions will announce pricing and availability during the media tour.
About Ramon Aranda
Publisher, Editor-in-Chief of 3 More Rounds and a member of the Transnational Boxing Rankings Board.
- Lomachenko schools Walters; makes him quit
- Luis Ortiz returns on December 10 in Manchester
- Ward survives knockdown; dethrones Kovalev
- Garcia stops Vargas in seven
- Oleksandr Usyk fighting on Hopkins-Smith undercard
- Andy Vences: Championship Victory BEHIND THE SCENES
- Ringstar signs Carlos and Jose Balderas
- Pacquiao shows he’s a level above in win over Vargas
- Andy Vences captures his first championship
- Andre Ward views Kovalev fight as 50-50