Canelo-Smith face to face in Arlington
Canelo Alvarez and Liam Smith were on hand in Arlington, Texas to take part in the final press conference for their September 17th showdown for Smith’s 154-pound title.
“We know how dangerous and difficult Liam Smith will be. We have not taken him lightly and we know he will come to fight on Saturday,” said Alvarez.
“But that will make a great night of boxing for Mexicans and boxing fans all over. Hopefully by the end of it, I will have my hand in the air screaming Viva Mexico!”
Smith, who comes in as the defending champion, is just as excited for the opportunity to fight on this big of a stage.
“Thank everyone, team Canelo and my team for this opportunity,” said Smith. “We are very calm about entering this fight.”
“Canelo is an elite fighter and this is my chance to go up in the ladder. I look forward to Saturday and the show we are going to put on for all the fans.”
About Ramon Aranda
Publisher, Editor-in-Chief of 3 More Rounds and a member of the Transnational Boxing Rankings Board.
- Lomanchenko to face Walters on November 26
- Live Stream: Pacquaio-Vargas undercard presser
- Donaire, Valdez, Shiming highlight Pacquiao-Vargas undercard
- Top Rank reveals announce team for Pacquiao-Vargas PPV
- Nietes shuts out Sosa in flyweight debut
- Linares outpoints Crolla in Manchester
- Andy Vences ready for title shot
- Canelo dethrones Smith with knockout
- Canelo, Smith make weight
- Canelo-Smith face to face in Arlington