Canelo, Smith make weight
The final weigh-in for Saturday night’s junior middleweight title match between Canelo Alvarez and Liam Smith took place on Friday afternoon in Arlington, Texas, where the two will meet at AT&T Stadium.
Smith, who defends his WBO title, came in at 154 pounds, as did Alvarez, who dropped down in weight from middleweight to challenge for the belt.
For the co-main event, Gabriel Rosado weighed 159.25 pounds, while Willie Monroe Jr. came in at 158.75 pounds, for their middleweight showdown.
About Ramon Aranda
Publisher, Editor-in-Chief of 3 More Rounds and a member of the Transnational Boxing Rankings Board.
- Hopkins: This is the right time
- Lomachenko schools Walters; makes him quit
- Luis Ortiz returns on December 10 in Manchester
- Ward survives knockdown; dethrones Kovalev
- Garcia stops Vargas in seven
- Oleksandr Usyk fighting on Hopkins-Smith undercard
- Andy Vences: Championship Victory BEHIND THE SCENES
- Ringstar signs Carlos and Jose Balderas
- Pacquiao shows he’s a level above in win over Vargas
- Andy Vences captures his first championship