Canelo, Smith make weight
The final weigh-in for Saturday night’s junior middleweight title match between Canelo Alvarez and Liam Smith took place on Friday afternoon in Arlington, Texas, where the two will meet at AT&T Stadium.
Smith, who defends his WBO title, came in at 154 pounds, as did Alvarez, who dropped down in weight from middleweight to challenge for the belt.
For the co-main event, Gabriel Rosado weighed 159.25 pounds, while Willie Monroe Jr. came in at 158.75 pounds, for their middleweight showdown.
About Ramon Aranda
Publisher, Editor-in-Chief of 3 More Rounds and a member of the Transnational Boxing Rankings Board.
- Lomanchenko to face Walters on November 26
- Live Stream: Pacquaio-Vargas undercard presser
- Donaire, Valdez, Shiming highlight Pacquiao-Vargas undercard
- Top Rank reveals announce team for Pacquiao-Vargas PPV
- Nietes shuts out Sosa in flyweight debut
- Linares outpoints Crolla in Manchester
- Andy Vences ready for title shot
- Canelo dethrones Smith with knockout
- Canelo, Smith make weight
- Canelo-Smith face to face in Arlington