Canelo-Smith to take place at AT&T Stadium
Golden Boy Promotions has just announced that the September 17 junior middleweight title clash between Canelo Alvarez and Liam Smith will take place at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.
Alvarez and Smith will also engage in a two-city press tour beginning today at AT&T Stadium at 3 p.m. CST and will conclude in London on July 20.
“Texas loves Canelo, and Canelo loves Texas so it was a no-brainer to have this fight at AT&T Stadium,” said Oscar De La Hoya. “Texas is like Canelo’s second home, and he has stated that he wants to fight in Texas once a year for his fans. My friend Jerry Jones extended the invitation to Canelo to fight at AT&T Stadium so it was an easy decision for us.”
Canelo previously fought Austin Trout at the Alamodome in San Antonio and then James Kirkland at Minute Maid Park in Houston.
Tickets for Canelo vs. Smith will go on sale, Thursday, July 21 at 10:00 a.m. PT/12:00 p.m. CDT/1:00 p.m. ET, and are priced at $750, $500, $300, $200, $100, $85, $50 and $40.
A percentage of the proceeds from ticket sales will be donated to a charity of the Dallas Police Department and DART’s choosing, given the recent tragedy in Dallas.
About Ramon Aranda
Publisher, Editor-in-Chief of 3 More Rounds and a member of the Transnational Boxing Rankings Board.
- Lomanchenko to face Walters on November 26
- Live Stream: Pacquaio-Vargas undercard presser
- Donaire, Valdez, Shiming highlight Pacquiao-Vargas undercard
- Top Rank reveals announce team for Pacquiao-Vargas PPV
- Nietes shuts out Sosa in flyweight debut
- Linares outpoints Crolla in Manchester
- Andy Vences ready for title shot
- Canelo dethrones Smith with knockout
- Canelo, Smith make weight
- Canelo-Smith face to face in Arlington