Fury-Klitschko rematch set for July 9
The highly anticipated rematch between heavyweight champ Tyson Fury and former champ Wladimir Klitschko is set for July 9 in Manchester, England, according to K2 Promotions and Hennessy Sports.
Fury shocked Klitschko this past November with a decision win in a major upset, with Klitschko having the right to ask for a rematch.
“I’m thrilled to get this fight on July 9th..I’m the best heavyweight in the world and the rest are imposters to my titles. I am coming for all of them once I’ve dealt with Klitschko a second time,” said Fury (25-0, 18 KOs)
Klitschko (64-4, 54 KOs) suffered his first defeat in 11 years and the 40-year old is determined to recapture his title.
“Boxing fans worldwide will watch this international mega event and I’m looking forward to coming out victorious against Tyson Fury and regaining my heavyweight titles.”
The fight will air on BoxNation in the UK, while U.S. TV rights are yet to be determined, but will likely end up on HBO.
About Ramon Aranda
Publisher, Editor-in-Chief of 3 More Rounds and a member of the Transnational Boxing Rankings Board.
- Hopkins: This is the right time
- Lomachenko schools Walters; makes him quit
- Luis Ortiz returns on December 10 in Manchester
- Ward survives knockdown; dethrones Kovalev
- Garcia stops Vargas in seven
- Oleksandr Usyk fighting on Hopkins-Smith undercard
- Andy Vences: Championship Victory BEHIND THE SCENES
- Ringstar signs Carlos and Jose Balderas
- Pacquiao shows he’s a level above in win over Vargas
- Andy Vences captures his first championship