Golden Boy offering Canelo-Khan PPV online
Golden Boy is no stranger to offering boxing content online, as the promotion streams its LA Fight Club series through its own website, as well as a variety of platforms (Roku, Amazon, etc.). However, it has yet to offer a streaming option for a PPV card until now, as the upcoming May 7 clash between Canelo Alvarez and Amir Khan will be available online.
“Our cable, satellite and telco distribution partners remain the key means to reach boxing fans. However, as our viewership on GoldenBoyPromotions.com and RingTVlive.com has grown over the past several months, we have learned a great deal from our fans – and they have been clear that the time has come for us to make this mega fight available online as well,” said Oscar De La Hoya. “We see Canelo vs. Khan as a first step in this evolving media landscape.”
Golden Boy will be using Livestream’s platform to show the PPV online, as well as additional content such as press conferences, training camps and episodes of the Mano a Mano series. The online option will be available for $69.95.
About Ramon Aranda
Publisher, Editor-in-Chief of 3 More Rounds and a member of the Transnational Boxing Rankings Board.
- Hopkins: This is the right time
- Lomachenko schools Walters; makes him quit
- Luis Ortiz returns on December 10 in Manchester
- Ward survives knockdown; dethrones Kovalev
- Garcia stops Vargas in seven
- Oleksandr Usyk fighting on Hopkins-Smith undercard
- Andy Vences: Championship Victory BEHIND THE SCENES
- Ringstar signs Carlos and Jose Balderas
- Pacquiao shows he’s a level above in win over Vargas
- Andy Vences captures his first championship