Hurd stops Molina in the 10th
In a clash of undefeated junior middleweights, Jarrett Hurd (18-0, 12 KOs) stopped the rugged Oscar Molina (13-1, 10 KOs) in the 10th round. Hurd dropped Molina in the first round with a picture prefect uppercut and pretty much dominated the duration of the contest. The final stoppage came at 2:02 in the 10th with the game Molina eating a lot of leather but still fighting tough.
Hurd was in firm control, touching Molina with short punches on the inside. Molina went hard to the body all night but the punches never seemed to give Hurd much trouble.
Molina was fatiguing by the 10th round as Hurd was landing big bombs to the head and body. The war broke out in the final round as the two were trading punches and Hurd started getting the better of the exchanges in the closing moments when the referee stepped in to wave off the fight.
About Moses Vered
- Hopkins: This is the right time
- Lomachenko schools Walters; makes him quit
- Luis Ortiz returns on December 10 in Manchester
- Ward survives knockdown; dethrones Kovalev
- Garcia stops Vargas in seven
- Oleksandr Usyk fighting on Hopkins-Smith undercard
- Andy Vences: Championship Victory BEHIND THE SCENES
- Ringstar signs Carlos and Jose Balderas
- Pacquiao shows he’s a level above in win over Vargas
- Andy Vences captures his first championship