Lemieux to return on March 12
Former middleweight titlist David Lemieux (34-3, 31 KOs) is set to return to the ring on March 12, as he’ll take on James De La Rosa (23-3, 13 KOs) at the Olympia Theater in Montreal.
According to Golden Boy Promotions, the fight will air in Canada on PPV, though no U.S. television is currently in the cards.
“I am happy to be fighting in my hometown,” said Lemieux. “I’m very hungry to get back in the ring and I am ready to climb my way back to the top of the middleweight division. I know de la Rosa is a serious threat and I can promise all my hometown fans that I will be ready to give them all a great show on March 12.”
About Ramon Aranda
Publisher, Editor-in-Chief of 3 More Rounds and a member of the Transnational Boxing Rankings Board.
- Lomachenko schools Walters; makes him quit
- Luis Ortiz returns on December 10 in Manchester
- Ward survives knockdown; dethrones Kovalev
- Garcia stops Vargas in seven
- Oleksandr Usyk fighting on Hopkins-Smith undercard
- Andy Vences: Championship Victory BEHIND THE SCENES
- Ringstar signs Carlos and Jose Balderas
- Pacquiao shows he’s a level above in win over Vargas
- Andy Vences captures his first championship
- Andre Ward views Kovalev fight as 50-50