Pacquiao to face Bradley again in April
Top Rank boss Bob Arum has confirmed to the Manila Times that Manny Pacquiao will face Timothy Bradley on April 9 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
“It’s a done deal and it’s going to be a third fight against Timothy Bradley. We took a lot of consideration knowing Bradley has improved a lot as a fighter since the last time they’ve met in 2014,” Arum told the news outlet.
Arum was quick to shoot down rumors earlier this week about a rumored fight between Pacquiao and Adrien Broner, and also doesn’t plan to promote the fight as Pacquiao’s last fight.
“It’s not going to be Manny’s last fight because anything could still happen and you know Manny. That’s why we won’t sell it that way. I don’t think it is Manny’s last fight,” Arum added.
The two first met in 2012, when Bradley earned a shock split decision, in a fight many felt Pacquiao dominated. The rematch finally took place in 2014, when it was more of the same, but with Pacquiao getting the unanimous decision this time around.
About Ramon Aranda
Publisher, Editor-in-Chief of 3 More Rounds and a member of the Transnational Boxing Rankings Board.
- Lomachenko schools Walters; makes him quit
- Luis Ortiz returns on December 10 in Manchester
- Ward survives knockdown; dethrones Kovalev
- Garcia stops Vargas in seven
- Oleksandr Usyk fighting on Hopkins-Smith undercard
- Andy Vences: Championship Victory BEHIND THE SCENES
- Ringstar signs Carlos and Jose Balderas
- Pacquiao shows he’s a level above in win over Vargas
- Andy Vences captures his first championship
- Andre Ward views Kovalev fight as 50-50