Rigondeaux facing Dickens in Liverpool
Frank Warren confirmed earlier today that his March 12 bill in Liverpool will now include a 10-round clash between Guillermo Rigondeaux and Jazza Dickens.
The card, which is being headlined by the lightweight title bout between Terry Flanagan and Derry Mathews, will take place at Echo Arena and marks Rigondeaux’s first fight in England.
“I’m happy to announce my upcoming fight on March 12th in Liverpool against James Dickens. I really look forward fighting this young up and comer in Dickens. I hear he’s very good, but I’m going to have to disappoint his hometown fans and teach him a lesson in boxing. I hope the British audience appreciates my skills when I’m done with James.”
Rigondeaux also took a shot at Carl Frampton and Scott Quigg, with whom he’s trying to get matches with.
“Frampton and Quigg are both cowards for finding ways to avoid the best in their division. We wait in anticipation to see if the winner of a great fight between them would step up and step in the ring with me, so the whole world can see who the best 122 pound fighter is. Fans should come see the real super world champion in Liverpool, as I¹ll be ready to put on a show and be in a position to happily knock out the winner, if either would even fathom the idea of stepping in the same ring with me,” added Rigondeaux.
About Moses Vered
- Lomanchenko to face Walters on November 26
- Live Stream: Pacquaio-Vargas undercard presser
- Donaire, Valdez, Shiming highlight Pacquiao-Vargas undercard
- Top Rank reveals announce team for Pacquiao-Vargas PPV
- Nietes shuts out Sosa in flyweight debut
- Linares outpoints Crolla in Manchester
- Andy Vences ready for title shot
- Canelo dethrones Smith with knockout
- Canelo, Smith make weight
- Canelo-Smith face to face in Arlington