Rigondeaux’s visa issues could derail Dickens fight
Guillermo Rigondeaux is still without a visa that would allow him to get into the UK for his March 12 clash against Jazza Dickens on the Liverpool card.
That card is being headlined by the lightweight title fight between Terry Flanagan and Derry Mathews, and although the event is being handled by Queensberry Promotions, it is Rigondeaux’s promoters, RocNation and Caribe Promotions that are in charge of getting his visa.
According to Frank Warren, Dino Duva has been in “constant contact” with his side in reference to the status of Rigondeaux, stating that, “Rigondeaux went to Russia to train for the Dickens fight, and has been attempting to get his UK visa expedited there as quickly as possible.”
Duva added that their team had been in Moscow today to try and sort things out but were unsuccessful.
“We will continue to work on this matter with all our efforts, and are hopeful that we can get this taken care of in time to get to Liverpool for the event,” said Duva.
About Ramon Aranda
Publisher, Editor-in-Chief of 3 More Rounds and a member of the Transnational Boxing Rankings Board.
- Lomanchenko to face Walters on November 26
- Live Stream: Pacquaio-Vargas undercard presser
- Donaire, Valdez, Shiming highlight Pacquiao-Vargas undercard
- Top Rank reveals announce team for Pacquiao-Vargas PPV
- Nietes shuts out Sosa in flyweight debut
- Linares outpoints Crolla in Manchester
- Andy Vences ready for title shot
- Canelo dethrones Smith with knockout
- Canelo, Smith make weight
- Canelo-Smith face to face in Arlington