Spence-Algieri set for April 16 on NBC
Premier Boxing Champions returns to NBC on April 16, as Errol Spence Jr. (19-0, 16 KOs) will take on Chris Algieri (21-2, 8 KOs) in a 10-round welterweight clash from the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.
The card also features cruiserweight titlist Krzysztof Glowacki (25-0, 16 KOs) taking on former champ Steve Cunningham (28-7, 13 KOs), while Marcus Browne (17-0, 13 KOs) faces Radivoje Kalajdzic (21-0, 14 KOs) in a light heavyweight bout.
The telecast begins at 8:30 p.m. ET / 5:30 p.m. PT, while tickets for the card are on sale now via Ticketmaster.
“I’m excited to be back again, fighting on NBC. This is a huge opportunity for me, to be this young and early in my career and headlining a primetime event, just the exposure alone,” said Spence. “Of course, I’m happy to be fighting in Brooklyn at Barclays Center. New York City is known for putting on great fights, and this is going to be a big event with a big-name fighter. Chris Algieri has been in the ring with Amir Khan, Manny Pacquiao and Ruslan Provodnikov and he’s a former world champ. This is a big fight for me and a step up, but I plan to rise to the occasion. I’m going to handle him like I’ve handled all of my past opponents.”
About Ramon Aranda
Publisher, Editor-in-Chief of 3 More Rounds and a member of the Transnational Boxing Rankings Board.
- LIVE STREAM: Pacquaio-Vargas undercard presser
- Donaire, Valdez, Shiming highlight Pacquiao-Vargas undercard
- Top Rank reveals announce team for Pacquiao-Vargas PPV
- Nietes shuts out Sosa in flyweight debut
- Linares outpoints Crolla in Manchester
- Andy Vences ready for title shot
- Canelo dethrones Smith with knockout
- Canelo, Smith make weight
- Canelo-Smith face to face in Arlington
- Pacquiao, Vargas vow to bring action on Nov. 5