Thurman-Porter overnight ratings
Last night’s welterweight title fight between Shawn Porter and Keith Thurman drew an initial 2.0 rating, and finished off with a 2.6 rating during the final half hour, according to Showtime/CBS.
Thurman earned a unanimous decision win over Porter at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y. in a hotly-contested slugfest for Thurman’s welterweight belt.
The card, which aired in primetime on CBS, earned a 1.8 overnight rating during the entire 2.5-hour broadcast, which was 80-percent higher than the telecast featuring Chris Algieri vs. Errol Spence Jr. in April. Ratings for the telecast increased each half hour, with the junior middleweight contest between Jarrett Hurd and Oscar Molina having kicked off the show.
Full viewership information is not available just yet but the network expects it to be the biggest boxing event of 2016. A replay of the card will be available in the coming days.
About Ramon Aranda
Publisher, Editor-in-Chief of 3 More Rounds and a member of the Transnational Boxing Rankings Board.
- Lomanchenko to face Walters on November 26
- Live Stream: Pacquaio-Vargas undercard presser
- Donaire, Valdez, Shiming highlight Pacquiao-Vargas undercard
- Top Rank reveals announce team for Pacquiao-Vargas PPV
- Nietes shuts out Sosa in flyweight debut
- Linares outpoints Crolla in Manchester
- Andy Vences ready for title shot
- Canelo dethrones Smith with knockout
- Canelo, Smith make weight
- Canelo-Smith face to face in Arlington