Thurman-Porter overnight ratings
Last night’s welterweight title fight between Shawn Porter and Keith Thurman drew an initial 2.0 rating, and finished off with a 2.6 rating during the final half hour, according to Showtime/CBS.
Thurman earned a unanimous decision win over Porter at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y. in a hotly-contested slugfest for Thurman’s welterweight belt.
The card, which aired in primetime on CBS, earned a 1.8 overnight rating during the entire 2.5-hour broadcast, which was 80-percent higher than the telecast featuring Chris Algieri vs. Errol Spence Jr. in April. Ratings for the telecast increased each half hour, with the junior middleweight contest between Jarrett Hurd and Oscar Molina having kicked off the show.
Full viewership information is not available just yet but the network expects it to be the biggest boxing event of 2016. A replay of the card will be available in the coming days.
About Ramon Aranda
Publisher, Editor-in-Chief of 3 More Rounds and a member of the Transnational Boxing Rankings Board.
- Hopkins: This is the right time
- Lomachenko schools Walters; makes him quit
- Luis Ortiz returns on December 10 in Manchester
- Ward survives knockdown; dethrones Kovalev
- Garcia stops Vargas in seven
- Oleksandr Usyk fighting on Hopkins-Smith undercard
- Andy Vences: Championship Victory BEHIND THE SCENES
- Ringstar signs Carlos and Jose Balderas
- Pacquiao shows he’s a level above in win over Vargas
- Andy Vences captures his first championship