Ward to face Brand in Oakland on August 6
Former super middleweight champ Andre Ward (29-0, 15 KOs) is set to return to the ring on August 6, as he’ll take on Alexander Brand (25-1, 19 KOs) at Oracle Arena in Oakland, California on HBO.
Ward was supposed to have faced Brand last November on the PPV headlined by Miguel Cotto’s middleweight title defense against Canelo Alvarez, but was canceled when Ward withdrew with a leg injury.
“We can get it on, right now. August 6th, I will be ready, so come out to Oracle Arena or tune in live on HBO. Don’t miss it.”
A deal is already in place for Ward to face Sergey Kovalev in September, assuming both he and Kovalev win their respective fights.
“It will be a great honor to face Andre Ward on August 6 and better yet in his own backyard,” added Brand. “Fighting somebody with such an illustrious career, facing a guy that perhaps hasn’t lost a round in his entire life, is even more thrilling. We were set to face each other last November, but he was forced to pull out of the fight with an injury. Now the time has come to fight him and I can’t wait to derail his future plans. I’ll work hard to spoil them.”
Tickets priced at $300, $120, $90, $60 and $30 are on sale now via Ticketmaster.
About Ramon Aranda
Publisher, Editor-in-Chief of 3 More Rounds and a member of the Transnational Boxing Rankings Board.
- Lomanchenko to face Walters on November 26
- Live Stream: Pacquaio-Vargas undercard presser
- Donaire, Valdez, Shiming highlight Pacquiao-Vargas undercard
- Top Rank reveals announce team for Pacquiao-Vargas PPV
- Nietes shuts out Sosa in flyweight debut
- Linares outpoints Crolla in Manchester
- Andy Vences ready for title shot
- Canelo dethrones Smith with knockout
- Canelo, Smith make weight
- Canelo-Smith face to face in Arlington