Wilder scores sick KO of Szpilka
Deontay Wilder retained his heavyweight title on Saturday night with a devastating one-punch KO of Artur Szpilka at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY.
The two engaged in a pretty competitive fight, although neither were able to land many of their punches. While their shots tended to be wild, they were being thrown with bad intentions. As the fight progressed, Szpilka began to visibly frustrate Wilder but it appeared that a single punch could change things around for either fighter.
That one punch finally showed up in the ninth round when Wilder (36-0, 35 KOs) connected with a brutal right hand that immediately floored Szpilka (20-1, 15 KOs), and put him out cold.
A video posted by 3 More Rounds (@3morerounds_com) on
Time of the knockout was 2:24.
After the fight, Tyson Fury rushed the ring during the post-fight interview and called Wilder out.
About Ramon Aranda
Publisher, Editor-in-Chief of 3 More Rounds and a member of the Transnational Boxing Rankings Board.
- Hopkins: This is the right time
- Lomachenko schools Walters; makes him quit
- Luis Ortiz returns on December 10 in Manchester
- Ward survives knockdown; dethrones Kovalev
- Garcia stops Vargas in seven
- Oleksandr Usyk fighting on Hopkins-Smith undercard
- Andy Vences: Championship Victory BEHIND THE SCENES
- Ringstar signs Carlos and Jose Balderas
- Pacquiao shows he’s a level above in win over Vargas
- Andy Vences captures his first championship