Wilder scores sick KO of Szpilka
Deontay Wilder retained his heavyweight title on Saturday night with a devastating one-punch KO of Artur Szpilka at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY.
The two engaged in a pretty competitive fight, although neither were able to land many of their punches. While their shots tended to be wild, they were being thrown with bad intentions. As the fight progressed, Szpilka began to visibly frustrate Wilder but it appeared that a single punch could change things around for either fighter.
That one punch finally showed up in the ninth round when Wilder (36-0, 35 KOs) connected with a brutal right hand that immediately floored Szpilka (20-1, 15 KOs), and put him out cold.
A video posted by 3 More Rounds (@3morerounds_com) on
Time of the knockout was 2:24.
After the fight, Tyson Fury rushed the ring during the post-fight interview and called Wilder out.
About Ramon Aranda
Publisher, Editor-in-Chief of 3 More Rounds and a member of the Transnational Boxing Rankings Board.
- Nietes shuts out Sosa in flyweight debut
- Linares outpoints Crolla in Manchester
- Andy Vences ready for title shot
- Canelo dethrones Smith with knockout
- Canelo, Smith make weight
- Canelo-Smith face to face in Arlington
- Pacquiao, Vargas vow to bring action on Nov. 5
- Chocolatito edges Cuadras to win another title
- Golovkin scores stoppage win over Brook
- Prizefight Preview: Gonzalez vs. Cuadras